The US Central Command (CENTCOM) announced that its forces carried out strikes against Iran on Friday, in response to an attack on a commercial vessel that was transiting the Strait of Hormuz, and said US planes targeted Iranian missile and drone storage sites, as well as coastal radar sites.
The strikes came after U.S. President Donald Trump said Iran had fired at least four one-way attack drones at ships transiting the Strait of Hormuz, adding that one of those planes hit the deck of a cargo ship, and Trump wrote on his platform Truth Social: "The ship was damaged, but it was able to continue its journey. We shot down three more drones, this is clearly a foolish violation of the ceasefire agreement."
Iranian television reported that an explosion was heard in Marsa Tahariyeh in the port of Sirik, and quoted an informed military source as saying that the cause of the explosions was due to the injury of a telecommunications tower projectile in the vicinity of the marina, noting that several warning shots were fired about 5 hours before the district of Serik towards "violating ships" in the Strait of Hormuz.
Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) targets US sites
Iran's Mehr news agency quoted a local official as saying that the US strikes did not cause any damage to the port of Sirik, in southern Iran, stressing that the situation in Sirik is "normal".
The Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) said at dawn on Saturday, June 27, that it had targeted US military sites in the region in response to the US strikes, and the IRGC did not provide details of the US sites it targeted in the area.
The IRGC's statement came after the semi-official Students' News Agency published a statement earlier that it said was issued by the IRGC that the force's response to a new US attack against Iran would be "swift and decisive" at a time and place chosen by Tehran, and warned that "any new folly will be met with a harsh response that will shatter the illusions of the attackers" in the region.
U.S. military reveals details of attacks
The US Central Command (CENTCOM) announced that the United States launched strikes against Iran in response to an attack on a commercial vessel.
"Our aircraft launched raids targeting missile storage sites, Iranian drones and coastal radar sites," the command said in a statement, noting that the strikes came after Iran attacked a cargo ship using an attack drone.
"Iran's unprovoked aggression on commercial shipping was a clear violation of the ceasefire agreement," it said, noting that Iran's dangerous behaviour has undermined freedom of navigation in light of the increasing flow of trade through the Strait of Hormuz.
"Our forces continue to provide support and coordination to secure the passage of commercial ships through the Strait of Hormuz," the CENTCOM statement continued, stressing that "the US military maintains its presence and vigilance to ensure compliance with all the terms of the agreement with Iran."
US official to CNN: The strikes are over
In his first comment on the strikes on Iran, U.S. Vice President J.D. Vance said that "violence will be met with violence." "Iran has signed the ceasefire agreement, and we have committed to it, if they have disagreements on how to implement the memorandum of understanding, they can contact us by phone. But violence. will be met with violence."
CNN quoted a U.S. official as saying that the U.S. military's strikes on Iran are over, and that Friday's strikes do not represent a return to major combat operations, at least for now.
On the other hand, the head of the National Security Committee in the Iranian parliament, Ebrahim Azizi, said that the United States attacked Iran in the midst of the negotiations again, adding that the reckless violation of the ceasefire would be followed by American retreat and remorse.

Comments (0)