Sports

Barcelona 'sell' its loaned player  Ansu Fati to French side Monaco

30 June 20265 min read

Barcelona 'sell' its loaned player  Ansu Fati to French side Monaco
Atletico supports its defence. Portugal's Ramos to Italy's Milan

Spanish club Barcelona announced on Tuesday (June 30th) that its player Ansu Fati has permanently moved to Monaco, an active team in the French football league, after spending last season on loan.

"FC Barcelona and FC Monaco have reached an agreement on the transfer of Ansu Fati," the Catalan club said in a statement, adding that "the 23-year-old striker ends his career with the Blaugrana after making 123 appearances for the first team, scoring 29 goals, and the club retains a percentage of any future sale."

The 23-year-old Spanish striker has signed  a four-year contract  with Monaco, which runs until June 2030, with reports  that the deal was worth €11 million paid by the Principality club to Barcelona.

 Fati, who has made 11 caps for Spain, arrived in France suffering from a decline in form, and the Bissau-born player was eventually able to regain his form.

Fati made 30 appearances (13 of them as a starter) in all competitions last season, showing his goalscoring prowess, finding the back of the net 12 times – an average of one goal every 110 minutes – the best in the French league.

 

Atletico Madrid sign Grimaldo

On the other hand, Atletico Madrid has signed Spanish international defender Alejandro Grimaldo for 4 years until the summer of 2030, coming from Bayer Leverkusen for 20 million euros.

"Atletico Madrid and Bayer Leverkusen have reached an agreement on the transfer of Alejandro Grimaldo, who has signed a contract with our club until June 30, 2030," the Roja Blancos said in a statement.

The 30-year-old left-back is currently with Spain's 2026 World Cup squad in the United States, Canada and Mexico.

 

AC Milan sign Portuguese striker Gonzalo Ramos

On Tuesday  , June 30,  the Italian club Milan completed the deal to sign Portuguese footballer Gonçalo Ramos with a contract for 5 years until the summer of 2031, coming from the ranks of the French club Paris Saint-Germain.

The Italian club said  on its website: "AC Milan today announces the signing of Gonzalo Matias Ramos from Paris Saint-Germain, and the Portuguese striker has signed a contract with the club until June 30, 2031."

Ramos, 25, joined Paris Saint-Germain in the summer of 2023 from Portugal's Benfica for €65 million, where he made 131 appearances in all competitions over 3 seasons, scoring 45 goals.

During his career with  the  Parisian club, the Portuguese striker won three French league titles, two French Cups, three Champions Cups, two Champions League titles, a European Super Cup and an Intercontinental Cup.

 

The top deal in Serie A

Italian media revealed that the value of the deal to include the player who is currently with the Portuguese national team in the 2026 World Cup, amounted to 74 million euros in fixed fees, which can be increased to 90 million euros with bonuses.

It is the highest deal paid for a striker by a club in Serie A since Inter Milan signed Belgian Romelu Lukaku from Manchester United for €74 million in 2020.

Milan failed to qualify for the next edition of the Champions League, having finished fifth in the Serie A table, and had been looking for a striker capable of bringing them back to the top of domestic and continental football for several months.

Comments (0)

0 / 600
No comments yet. Be the first to comment.