US President Donald Trump said that his country has ended the war on Iran, "after agreeing not to have nuclear weapons", during his telephone participation in a campaign rally for Georgia governor Brett Jones on Thursday evening.
"I don't know if you've heard or not, today we ended the war with Iran, they agreed that they would never have nuclear weapons, and that was what we insisted on, and that was our goal in its entirety, 95 percent of our goal," Trump said.
Earlier on Thursday, Trump announced, through his platform "Truth Social", the cancellation of planned attacks against Iran tonight, after " the proposed understandings have been approved by several parties, including Israel, and the date and place of the official signing will be announced later."
"Based on discussions with Iran, which have reached the highest levels of Iran's leadership and have been approved, I have decided, to cancel the strikes and bombings planned against Iran this evening (Thursday)," he said.
Tehran is skeptical. The Revolutionary Guards threaten
Iran was quick to question Trump's narrative of reaching an understanding with Tehran, stressing that no draft agreement has yet to receive final approval.
Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Esmail Baghaei said that his country has not yet reached a final conclusion on the agreement, contrary to what Trump announced, stressing that what is being raised about the resolution of the agreement is "nothing more than speculation," stressing that most of the text of the agreement that was negotiated has been "completed," but that the negotiations have not reached a conclusion due to "the continuous change in American positions."
The commander of the IRGC's Aerospace Forces, Brig. Gen. Majid Mousavi, told the Americans that the region would be turned into a hell for them if they wanted to make the Strait of Hormuz unsafe.
Mousavi said in a post on the X platform: "Do you want to make the holy Strait of Hormuz unsafe?! We will turn the region into a hell for you from all over Iran," he said, adding, "This is the response to the insolence of the Americans in the region, God willing."
He stressed that what is happening is "a response to the US moves in the region", stressing that Iranian forces are ready to deal with any possible developments on the ground.
Trump discusses Iran deal arrangements with Gulf leaders
Qatar's Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad al-Thani received a phone call from Trump, during which they reviewed the results of the consultations between the United States and Iran, which resulted in "progress in the proposed understandings within the framework of the negotiation track," the Qatari Amiri Office said in an official statement on Thursday.
According to the statement, Trump stressed during the call "continued efforts to complete the final procedures in preparation for the announcement of the arrangements for signing the agreement."
For his part, the Emir of Qatar welcomed his country's efforts aimed at settling differences through dialogue and peaceful means, stressing Doha's support for everything that enhances regional and international security and stability and opens the way for further cooperation between the countries of the region.
Kuwait's Crown Prince Sheikh Sabah Al-Hamad Al-Sabah and Bahrain's King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa have received similar calls from the US president, according to official statements.
Gulf American coordination
The calls discussed bilateral relations between the United States and Gulf states, as well as regional and international developments and diplomatic efforts aimed at de-escalation in the region, as well as coordination on the upcoming agreement between Washington and Tehran to end the war.
According to official statements, Gulf leaders expressed their appreciation for Trump's efforts to support the paths of peace and stability in the region.
During the call, the Kuwaiti crown prince stressed that he "welcomes the imminent agreement between the parties," stressing "Kuwait's support for all efforts that contribute to consolidating regional and international security and stability and enhancing opportunities for peace and cooperation among the countries of the region."
In a post on his platform Truth Social, Trump vowed to take control of Iran's Kharg Island and other oil facilities "in the not-too-distant future," threatening to carry out a "very severe strike on Iran tonight."
"I don't want to carry out a ground operation, but if necessary we can send a small group of soldiers and take control of the whole area," he said.

Comments (0)