US President Donald Trump said that the recent Israeli attack on Beirut should not have happened, especially on a special day as we are about to reach a peace deal with Iran.
In a post on Truth Social on Sunday evening, Trump added that Israel has the right to defend itself against threats, but the attack it responded to was very limited and insignificant, did not result in any injuries or deaths, and should not derail this important process.
The US president stressed that Israel should not launch any further attacks anywhere in Lebanon, and no other party, including Hezbollah, should launch any further attacks against Israel, noting that this could be the beginning of a long-term and beautiful peace, concluding: "Let's preserve it!"
Israel bombs building in southern suburbs
On Sunday, the Israeli army carried out an air strike targeting the southern suburbs of Beirut in response to Hezbollah's launching of drones on Israeli settlements in northern occupied Palestine.
According to Hebrew media, the attack on the suburb targeted an official in Hezbollah's Liaison and Coordination Unit, and Lebanese media reported that the raid targeted an apartment in a residential building in the Ghubeiri area of the southern suburbs, killing 3 people and wounding 15 others.
In response, the IRGC threatened Israel with a "seismic" response, noting that the southern suburbs of Beirut represent a red line that cannot be crossed lightly.
He added: "We have clearly informed the Zionist enemy and through multiple channels that any targeting of this area is playing with fire that will burn its fragile entity. The enemy's persistence in its treacherous aggression proves once again that it understands only the language of force, and that our promise is not just slogans but a firm commitment."
CNN: Netanyahu aspires to meet Trump quickly
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is seeking an urgent meeting with US President Donald Trump, amid what appears to be rising tensions over negotiations with Iran and a ceasefire with Hezbollah, an Israeli source said.
The source explained that Netanyahu is trying to arrange a meeting after Trump's return from the G7 summit in Europe next weekend or shortly thereafter, to clarify Israel's position on the negotiations.
The source added that Israel is particularly concerned about the restriction of its freedom of operations against Hezbollah in Lebanon in light of Iran's efforts to withdraw from Israel, explaining that Tel Aviv fears that the US-Iran deal will ease economic pressure on Tehran without compromising the nuclear file.
Trump has already restricted Israel's freedom of operations in Lebanon, ordering Netanyahu to cancel plans to attack Iran last week after Tehran fired missiles at Israel for the first time since the cease-fire in April.
Iranian official: Lebanon is our life and the response of the soldiers of Islam is coming
The secretary of Iran's Supreme National Security Council, Mohammad Baqer Zulqadr, confirmed on Sunday that the response to the Israeli bombing of the Lebanese capital Beirut is coming.
"The response of Jund al-Islam is coming, the unity of the ranks has formed a security chain to protect the region," Zulqadr told reporters, adding, "Lebanon is our life, and it will not tolerate the violation of the Islamic Republic's red lines."
For its part, the Iranian hacker group "Hanzala" confirmed that "in a few hours, fast and violent fires will break, go to the shelters now. Maybe there will be other incidents."
On the other hand, the Yedioth Ahronoth newspaper noted that "Israeli estimates that Iran will refrain from attacking Israel in exchange for some gains."
The newspaper added: "It seems that Iran will show a gesture of goodwill towards Trump and refrain from attacking Israel in exchange for certain gains."

Comments (0)